Wednesday, December 21, 2011

My very first trick.

I don't know about anyone else that reads my blog but I still remember the first bit of magic I saw, the first trick I ever learned, and the first one I performed for other people. Its kind of easy for me because all three are the same trick. When I was but a wee lad (around 10 maybe) I went to a friends birthday party and there was a clown who did clown things but also did magic and by magic I mean one trick and I'm pretty sure he got it from the Dollar Tree (I don't know if they have those every where so if they don't the Dollar Tree is a store where nothing in it cost's more than one dollar) If you haven't figured it out by now he did the Ball and Vase. I saw it and it was the spark, I had to learn it and did. And I performed it just like it said on the box and then I eventually set it aside and moved on with my life. But now I still have a special love for it and most recently I've been trying to remove the gimmick and do the effect completely through sleight of hand because it seems that every one I know is aware of the gimmick which is not surprising when you consider how many magic kits come with one.

Any way I'm going to leave you with a clip of a pro doing this 'beginner' trick.



No comments:

Post a Comment