Monday, April 30, 2012

Building a tip by Don Driver

Well this DVD I have a feeling is worth its price in an under the surface sort of way. Its a strait forward DVD not a lot of menus or fancy camera work. Don Driver shows you his Bally (its like patter) to draw a tip (crowed of people) Then there is some video of him doing it on the street (he draws a huge tip in just a few minutes), and some video of another fellow using it and talking about how to use it was and what insights he's taken away. I will be doing the bally as taught but I think that learning the principles behind it is more important. I feel that once I internalize those I can apply it to something more my style. The actual patter and act don't seem to be the important part to me. I can't help but think that it was just what the original person tried applying the principles to and it worked so why mess with it, then pass it along when the time comes. But its not me and its not my character and I think that slipping from it into my character will be incongruousness in the eyes of the audience. I'll just have to try it out and see how it works. I think this will be worth my $35.
If you found this review to helpful or you thought it sucked let me know in the comments section.

No comments:

Post a Comment