Monday, October 8, 2012

Ratings system

You may have noticed that my reviews lack any kind of scale. I don't give a set of stars, of 8 out of 10. I could never work out a good metric for the scale so that it would have consistency. If I did a scale it would be a binary one because that really all the scale tells you. And it such an arbitrary thing any way, read enough reviews and you'll see what I mean. I've read review where all the reviewer did was trash and bitch about the product and still give it 3 out of 5 stars. And that's right next to reviews that sing the praises of a product with nary a bad thing to say also gave it 3 out of 5 stars. I'm like "What?" Are the reviewers just too afraid to reflect their view with stars so they give it a nice middle of the road non-committal three? I don't think I'd add a system anytime soon, I might as well add a too long didn't read summery to the ends of my posts.

No comments:

Post a Comment