Thursday, September 6, 2012

Three fry by Chris Kenner from Theory11

Hello, my name is Magnus and I am a magic addict. But Seriously this purchase was a feel good purchase I was feeling down and just wanted to buy some magic. It was in my price range so I got it. Its a nice effect, like all Three Fly effects it involves the disappearance and reappearance of three coins as they travel from one hand to the other. Its been a pain to learn cause the slights involved mean I have to do it left handed. But I like Chris Kenner as a teacher, he does a good job he's likable, easy to understand, and offers good advice. He recommends dollar sized coins for this effect and I don't have any nor the finances to get any in the near future. It will work with half dollars, even easier with halfs he says but it loses a little something visually. None of the slights are too complicated, the hardest move is combination of two sleights that have to happen together with good timing.

I'd like it more if it were more visual, most of the vanishes happen out of sight. The first two vanishes happen in a closed hand. That is you toss the coins to the other hand and then open it to find one missing. The last one is more of retention vanish. Then it moves rather fast after the last vanish, like you take all the time you want vanishing the coins but after that last coin is seen gone you're off to the races. The coins are reproduced quickly and as soon as possible to give the spectators no time to think. I'd like to be able to slow it down and produce the coins in a more visual fashion.

If you found this review to helpful or you thought it sucked let me know in the comments section.

No comments:

Post a Comment